Personal data means any information that refers to an identified or identifiable person. This especially includes information that allows you to be identified, e.g. your name, telephone number, address or email address.
I. Our contact information
The controller in the sense of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for this website is glomex GmbH, Dieselstrasse 1, 85774 Unterfoehring.You may contact the Data Protection Officer of glomex with any questions and concerns about data protection directly by email (email@example.com) or by regular mail by addressing the letter explicitly to the glomex Data Protection Officer.
II. How We Use Your Data
1. General use of the website
If you contact us, e.g., through our contact form, we will only process your personal data to communicate with you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) Letter b of the GDPR. The data we collect through our contact form will be deleted after the handling of your inquiry is complete, unless we need your inquiry to fulfill other contractual or legal obligations (see Section VII “Storage Duration”)
In case you wish to use services which first require the conclusion of a contract, we will ask you to register. Within the scope of registration, we collect personal data necessary for the conclusion and performance of the contract (e.g., first name, last name, email address, if applicable - details on the desired payment method or on the account holder) as well as, if applicable, further data on a voluntary basis. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
You may subscribe to our newsletter which we will use to regularly inform you about our product and campaign news. You may also unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. The respective unsubscribe link is included in every newsletter.
If we receive your e-mail address in connection with our services and you have not objected, we reserve the right to send you regular offers for similar services from our portfolio by e-mail. You can object to this at any time without incurring any costs for you.
Our newsletters use customary market technologies that allow interactions with the newsletters to be measured (e.g., opening the email or activating links). We use this data in pseudonymized form for general statistical assessments and to optimize and further develop our content and customer communication. This is done using small graphics embedded in the newsletters (so-called pixels). Data is only collected pseudonymously and will not be merged with your other personal data. Our newsletter is used to share contents relevant to our clients and to better understand what interests our readers. If you do not want your user behavior to be analyzed, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter or permanently disable the display of graphics in your email program.
4. Purposes of processing and legal basis for the processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
• Provision of this online offer and performance of contract in accordance with our general terms and conditions including billing. (Legal basis: Performance of a contract).
• Personalization of the offer. (Legal basis: Performance of a contract or consent).
• Analysis of the offer for the determination of usage behavior including market research and reach measurement. (Legal basis: Balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in analyzing the usage behavior in our online offer for purposes of continuous improvement and to be able to customize it to the interests of our users.
• Dispatch of a newsletter advertising our own offers (Legal basis: consent or balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in direct marketing as long as marketing occurs while complying with data protection and fair trade laws).
• Dispatch of a newsletter with the recipient's consent via email or SMS/MMS.
(Legal basis: Performance of a contract).
• Determination of malfunctions and ensuring of system security including disclosure and tracking of invalid accesses and access attempts to our web server. (Legal basis: fulfilment of our legal obligations in the area of data security and balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in the elimination of malfunctions, ensuring of system security and disclosure and tracking of invalid access attempts).
• Protection and defence of our rights. (Legal basis: balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in the assertion and defence of our rights.
Upon request, you may receive information from us regarding the balancing of interests we have made. Simply use the information in the contact section.
Cookies are little text files that are sent when visiting an internet page and are stored in a user’s browser. In case the respective internet page is accessed once again, the user’s browser sends back the content of the cookies and, thus, allows for the recognition of the user. Certain cookies are automatically deleted upon ending the browser session (so-called session cookies), others are saved for a set time or permanently in the user’s browser and delete themselves thereafter (so-called temporary or persistent cookies).
Cookies generally do not contain personal data, but merely an online ID. You can deactivate the storage of cookies through your browser settings and you may delete cookies that have already been saved in your browser at any time (see Technical Notes). Please take note that this online offer might not be functional without cookies or the functionality might be reduced.
Please be further advised that refusing to allow the creation of usage profiles partially works through „opt-out cookies“. In case you delete all cookies, an objection might, under certain circumstances, no longer be considered or be valid and would have to be restated.
We use the following types of cookies:
• Cookies strictly necessary for our service
Some cookies are strictly necessary so we can host our online offer safely. This category includes, e.g.,
o Cookies which serve the purpose of identifying or authenticating our users;
o Cookies that temporarily store certain user entries (e.g., shopping basket content or content of an online form);
o Cookies that remember certain user preferences (e.g., search query and language settings);
o Cookies that store data to ensure the uninterrupted playback of video and audio content
• Analytic Cookies
We use analytic cookies to record and statistically evaluate our users’ usage behavior (e.g., clicked ad banners, visited subpages, search queries asked).
2. Web Analysis
We need statistical information on how to use our online offering to make it more user-friendly, measure reach and conduct market research. For this purpose we use the following analysis tools. The usage profiles created by the tools using analytic cookies or by evaluating the log files are not merged with personal data. The providers of the tools process data only as a processor according to our instructions and not for their own purposes. The tools either do not use users' IP addresses at all, or truncate them immediately after the survey.
For each tool you will find information about the respective provider and how you can object to the collection and processing of data by the tool. In the case of tools that implement the contradiction by means of opt-out cookies, it should be noted that the opt-out function is device-specific or browser-related and basically only applies to the terminal or browser used. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you must set the opt-out on each individual device and in each browser used.
2.1 Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google") for users from the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Liechtenstein and by Google LLC 1600, Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 ("Google") for all other users.
Google will process the information provided by the cookies to assess your use of this website, to compile reports about website activity and to perform additional services related to use of the website and the Internet.
As described above, you may configure your browser to reject cookies. You may also prevent the collection of cookie-generated data on your use of this website (incl. your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on provided by Google or, when accessing our website from a mobile device, activating this opt-out link: Deaktivieren Sie Google Analytics . This will prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics on this website (the opt-out cookie will only work on the browser used and only for this domain). If you delete your cookies from this browser, you must activate this link again.
The collection of data by Hotjar can be deactivated on all websites operated by us or other providers that use Hotjar through your objection (so-called opt-out). You will find more detailed explanations and a function to explain your objection on the Hotjar Opt-Out page . In addition, Hotjar supports the so-called Do-Not-Track function of your browser. If you enable this in your browser, Hotjar will not collect any data. You can find instructions for the different browsers on the Hotjar website.
IV. Transfer of personal data
The data we collect on you will only be transferred if:
• You provided your express consent
• The transfer is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and if there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
• We are required by law to transfer your data or if
• Permitted by law and required for the performance of a contractual relationship with you or for pre-contractual measures requested by you.
Furthermore, your personal data may be transferred if required by public authorities, court orders or legal proceedings if necessary for litigation or legal defense.
V. Storage Duration
We will only save your personal data for as long as required for the fulfillment of the contractual or legal obligations for which we collected your data. Afterwards, we will delete your data without delay, unless we need your data as evidence for civil law purposes or until the legal storage period expires. We are required to save your contract data as evidence for three years after the end of the year in which our business relationship with you ends. Any claims will expire at the earliest date permitted by the statute of limitations. However, we may have to save your data for longer for accounting or for other legally required purposes. We may be required to do so due to legal documentation obligations, e.g., under the German Commercial Code [Handelsgesetzbuch] or the German Fiscal Code [Abgabenordnung].
VI. Data subjects‘ rights
You have the right to receive information about the processing of your personal data by us at any time. We will explain the data processing to you and provide an overview of personal data saved on you by us. If personal data saved by us is inaccurate or no longer up to date, you have the right to rectification of this data. You also have the right to erasure of your data. You also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if, e.g., you contest the accuracy of the data. You also have the right to data portability, i.e., we will provide you with a digital copy of the personal data we saved on you if requested. You also have the right to object to data processing if based on our legitimate interests. Our newsletters include unsubscribe links. To exercise your rights described above, you may use the information in the Contact section above. Please make sure that we can clearly identify you.
You also have the right to submit complaints to our competent data protection supervisory authority (Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht - BayLDA, Promenade 27, D-91522 Ansbach firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the data protection authority of your habitual residence who will forward your inquiry to the competent authority. You may also withdraw any consent you provided for the processing of your personal data at any time with future effect without stating reasons. You may exercise your withdrawal right by contacting us via the information stated in the Contact section.
Annex: Technical Notes
• Internet Explorer Manual
• Mozilla Firefox Manual
• Google Chrome Manual
• Safari Manual
To jump directly to the information on the glomex opt-out/the possibility to object, please click here: Opt-Out.
1. Provider of the glomex player
The glomex player is provided by glomex GmbH, Dieselstrasse 1, 85774 Unterfoehring, Germany, e-mail: info[at]glomex.com .
Should you have any questions regarding data protection in connection with the glomex player, you can contact glomex‘s data protection officer by writing to the postal address provided.
2. Data processing in connection with the glomex player
2.1 glomex only uses pseudonyms. Personal data means any information that can be attributed to a person, such as name, age, email address, telephone number or information about website usage and interactions with advertising. In principle, glomex‘s services do not involve the storing of any information about viewers in clear text. glomex does not know the name, address or email address of the the glomex player’s audiene. All information processed by glomex is recorded, stored and evaluated using temporary identifiers (pseudonyms) that glomex cannot decipher or re-identify.
2.2 Purposes of data processing in the glomex player. When an end user starts a video in the glomex player, glomex provides video content from its content owners via an integration service and combines it with ads targeted from varying advertising partners. glomex tracks the usage of the glomex player component for billing purposes and user experience improvements and is responsible for these data processing activities. Each advertising partner who works with glomex to deploy advertising to the end user by means of placing cookies to glomex’s services is individually responsible for the associated data processing activity (please see section 3 below).
2.3 Categories of data processed in connection with the glomex player. The provision of the content combined with relevant advertising is generally implemented using IP addresses, cookies and comparable technologies (hereinafter also referred to as “identifiers”).
Through the glomex player, glomex collects collects the following usage data:
– current IP address of the device (pseudonymized by removing the last range part of the IP address)
– billing and player performance data (such as Video Views, Ad Impressions, multiple usage events)
– information about the region or location where the player is currently being used
– technical data about the device and operating system used
– where applicable, general information on the user groups (such as age, gender and interests)
– other identifiers in encrypted form (such as userIDs and userSessionIDs)
Our advertising partners (see also section 3 below) also use additional identifiers (e.g. cookies) to collect information about your activities in the glomex player and on third-party websites to match collected pseudonymized usage data regarding you as a viewer of the glomex player so that advertisements targeted to your browser activities and interests can be delivered to you in the glomex player.
If a viewer clicks on the deployed advertising, for example to reach the advertised online service, this is recorded by glomex. Here glomex does not know the identity of the viewers, but by means of the identifiers can only recognise those viewers who have previously received one of the deployed ads. glomex receives this data about interactions with ads and the pseudonymized IP addresses, so that it can use this data to bill for its own services with customers, to enable billing verification, to prevent adblocking, to create statistical overviews for customers and to measure the reach and efficiency of ads for glomex‘s customers. glomex also uses the usage data and data about interactions with ads to troubleshoot and to improve its own services, e.g. in the context of anonymous evaluations.
3. Data recipients. glomex only discloses data to third parties if this is necessary for the deployment of ads and the implementation of campaigns or other purposes listed in this privacy notice or if another legal basis for the disclosure of the data exists. The collection, storage and disclosure of usage data by the advertising partners in which the ad space is deployed are controlled by and the exclusive responsibility of the respective advertising partners. glomex currently works with the following advertising partners to monetize the provided video content:
• ProSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 GmbH, Maria Jacobi Gasse 1, 1030 Vienna, Austria
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SevenOne Media GmbH, Medienallee 4, 83774 Unterfoehring, Germany
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SevenOne Media (Schweiz) AG, Limmatstr. 275, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SMARTSTREAM.TV GmbH, Dachauer Str. 15A, 80335 Munich, Germany
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Phaistos Networks S.A., 76, 25th Martiou, 70400 Mires, Irakleio, Greece
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Yieldlab AG, Colonnaden 41, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
• Privacy Notice • Opt-Out
• Ströer Digital Media GmbH, Kehrwieder 8-9, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Burda Community Network GmbH, Arabellastr. 23, 81925 Munich, Germany
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• WebAds B.V., Keizersgracht 256, 1016 EV Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
In principle, glomex only passes on pseudonymized data to third parties, and never names, email addresses or other contact data.
If glomex uses external service providers and discloses data to them, they may only use the data to fulfil their task and in connection with specific instructions. The service providers are contractually bound to the data protection requirements. In cases where data are processed in countries outside the European Union, appropriate safeguards are in place to protect data subjects. A copy of the appropriate safeguards can be requested from the address given in section 1.
4. Retention periods. glomex stores some identifiers only for a very limited period of time (e.g. one day upon the use of the player), while others identifiers are stored longer (e.g. 2 years) in order to recognize returning users. Pseudonymized IP addresses may be stored for longer time periods for billing verification and fraud prevention purposes. If you have opted out in accordance with section 8 below, we will retain your information to enable us to comply with your preferences.
5. Legal bases. We will process your personal data
• for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us or
• because you have consented to the processing.
Our legitimate interests include storing and accessing information necessary to provide the services; selecting, delivering and reporting on the effectiveness of advertisements; measuring the performance of advertisements and campaigns, preventing adblocking, personalizing the advertisements you receive and allowing our advertising partners to personalize the advertisements in the glomex player; and investigating and preventing fraud. The legal basis for processing will depend on what data we are collecting and what we are using it for.
6. Your rights
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights in relation to their personal data. These rights are not absolute – in some cases they will not apply to you or to the particular use that we are making of your data, and there are exceptions (for example if we have to process the data to comply with our own legal obligations), but if that is the case we will let you know.
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability in certain circumstances;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances and to object to the processing of your data for advertising purposes.
The opt-out function described below can be used to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes.
You also have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority responsible for glomex (Data Protection Authority of Bavaria for the Private Sector / Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht, Postfach 606, 91511 Ansbach, Germany). If you are a resident of a member state in the European Economic Area, you are also free to contact your local data protection authority.
7. glomex opt-out/possibility to object. If you no longer wish to receive targeted advertising that is deployed in the glomex player, please use the following link: Opt-Out.
Please note that you will need to repeat this process on each device or browser you wish to opt out. You also have the option of preventing the deployment of targeted advertising through your browser or device settings.
With regard to data processing on the third party’s online service (e.g. the website the glomex player is integrated in), please use the objection and opt-out options available there.
8. Changes to this privacy notice
As glomex continues to develop its services, changes to this privacy notice may become necessary. This website always contains the latest version of the privacy notice.
Last amended: February 2019