Privacy notice for customer surveys
glomex GmbH (“glomex”) conducts customer surveys on a voluntary basis. Customer surveys address questions about preferences, feedback and satisfaction in order to improve communication channels and products. The surveys are collected anonymously only, analysed in aggregated form and published internally. glomex informs about the data processing for surveys in the context of sending or displaying the invitation links to surveys.
The following data is processed in order to carry out the surveys:
- Survey type, question type and responses;
- Device and browser data (in particular IP address, operating system, device type, device ID, browser type);
- Log data (in particular log files with details of device and browser data).
As part of the evaluation of the aggregated responses, SurveyMonkey also uses automated processes and machine learning that optimise the presentation and evaluation of the surveys.
The legal basis for the processing of the data voluntarily provided in the survey, in particular the anonymised collection and aggregated evaluation, is the legitimate interest of glomex pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR for the purposes stated above.
Invitation links to customer surveys are only sent by e-mail if consent has been given to send product and campaign news as part of a newsletter. Customers can unsubscribe from the sending of surveys at any time and thus make use of their right of revocation or objection.
To conduct and analyse the surveys, glomex uses the SurveyMonkey software of Momentive Europe UC, 2 Shelbourne Buildings, Second Floor, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland (“SurveyMonkey”). glomex has concluded an order processing agreement with this provider. In the event of a possible third country transfer, standard contractual clauses (Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/914), Module 3, have been concluded between Momentive Europe UC and Momentive Inc. which regulate the transfer of personal data to the USA. Momentive Europe UC regularly publishes transparency reports on requests from law enforcement authorities and intelligence agencies. At the time of writing this privacy notice for SurveyMonkey, there have been no such requests.
Cookies are also used to use SurveyMonkey, which ensure the functionality of the software:
- “ep201 (1 hour): Set by load balancer. User tracking in case of misuse or for troubleshooting.
- “RP_XXXXXX” (90 days): Enforces the one response per computer setting.
- “sso_user” (90 days): Determines if certain Enterprise respondents are authenticated if an account holder requires respondents to authenticate.
- “CX_XXXXXX” and “P_XXXXXX” (1 year): Used for pop-up surveys to track whether the survey was already taken to avoid re-showing the pop-up.
- “sm_ir” (session): Used by the instant results page so a survey creator can display data. The storage and reading of these cookies is absolutely necessary in the sense of Paragraph 25.2 no. 2 TTDSG. In this context glomex refers to the documentation of SurveyMonkey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/legal/survey-page-cookies/.