PRIVACY NOTICE FOR THE GLOMEX-WEBSITE
This Privacy Notice will inform you about how we process personal data on this website. Personal data means any information that refers to an identified or identifiable person. This especially includes information that allows you to be identified, e.g. your name, telephone number, address or email address.
I. Our contact information
The controller in the sense of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for this website is glomex GmbH, Dieselstrasse 1, 85774 Unterfoehring.You may contact the Data Protection Officer of glomex with any questions and concerns about data protection directly by email (email@example.com) or by regular mail by addressing the letter explicitly to the glomex Data Protection Officer.
II. How We Use Your Data
1. General use of the website
If you contact us, e.g., through our contact form, we will only process your personal data to communicate with you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) Letter b of the GDPR. The data we collect through our contact form will be deleted after the handling of your inquiry is complete, unless we need your inquiry to fulfill other contractual or legal obligations (see Section VII “Storage Duration”)
In case you wish to use services which first require the conclusion of a contract, we will ask you to register. Within the scope of registration, we collect personal data necessary for the conclusion and performance of the contract (e.g., first name, last name, email address, if applicable – details on the desired payment method or on the account holder) as well as, if applicable, further data on a voluntary basis. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
You may subscribe to our newsletter which we will use to regularly inform you about our product and campaign news. You may also unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. The respective unsubscribe link is included in every newsletter. If we receive your e-mail address in connection with our services and you have not objected, we reserve the right to send you regular offers for similar services from our portfolio by e-mail. You can object to this at any time without incurring any costs for you.
Our newsletters use customary market technologies that allow interactions with the newsletters to be measured (e.g., opening the email or activating links). We use this data in pseudonymized form for general statistical assessments and to optimize and further develop our content and customer communication. This is done using small graphics embedded in the newsletters (so-called pixels). Data is only collected pseudonymously and will not be merged with your other personal data. Our newsletter is used to share contents relevant to our clients and to better understand what interests our readers. If you do not want your user behavior to be analyzed, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter or permanently disable the display of graphics in your email program.
4. Purposes of processing and legal basis for the processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal bases:
• Provision of this online offer and performance of contract in accordance with our general terms and conditions including billing. (Legal basis: Performance of a contract).
• Personalization of the offer. (Legal basis: Performance of a contract or consent).
• Analysis of the offer for the determination of usage behavior including market research and reach measurement. (Legal basis: Balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in analyzing the usage behavior in our online offer for purposes of continuous improvement and to be able to customize it to the interests of our users.
• Dispatch of a newsletter advertising our own offers (Legal basis: consent or balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in direct marketing as long as marketing occurs while complying with data protection and fair trade laws).
• Dispatch of a newsletter with the recipient’s consent via email or SMS/MMS. (Legal basis: Performance of a contract).
• Determination of malfunctions and ensuring of system security including disclosure and tracking of invalid accesses and access attempts to our web server. (Legal basis: fulfilment of our legal obligations in the area of data security and balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in the elimination of malfunctions, ensuring of system security and disclosure and tracking of invalid access attempts).
• Protection and defence of our rights. (Legal basis: balancing of interests; we have a legitimate interest in the assertion and defence of our rights. Upon request, you may receive information from us regarding the balancing of interests we have made. Simply use the information in the contact section.
Cookies are little text files that are sent when visiting an internet page and are stored in a user’s browser. In case the respective internet page is accessed once again, the user’s browser sends back the content of the cookies and, thus, allows for the recognition of the user. Certain cookies are automatically deleted upon ending the browser session (so-called session cookies), others are saved for a set time or permanently in the user’s browser and delete themselves thereafter (so-called temporary or persistent cookies). Cookies generally do not contain personal data, but merely an online ID. You can deactivate the storage of cookies through your browser settings and you may delete cookies that have already been saved in your browser at any time (see Technical Notes). Please take note that this online offer might not be functional without cookies or the functionality might be reduced.
Please be further advised that refusing to allow the creation of usage profiles partially works through „opt-out cookies“. In case you delete all cookies, an objection might, under certain circumstances, no longer be considered or be valid and would have to be restated.
We use the following types of cookies:
• Cookies strictly necessary for our service
Some cookies are strictly necessary so we can host our online offer safely. This category includes, e.g.,
• Cookies which serve the purpose of identifying or authenticating our users; • Cookies that temporarily store certain user entries (e.g., shopping basket content or content of an online form); • Cookies that remember certain user preferences (e.g., search query and language settings); • Cookies that store data to ensure the uninterrupted playback of video and audio content • Analytic Cookies
We use analytic cookies to record and statistically evaluate our users’ usage behavior (e.g., clicked ad banners, visited subpages, search queries asked).
2. Web Analysis
We need statistical information on how to use our online offering to make it more user-friendly, measure reach and conduct market research. For this purpose we use the following analysis tools. The usage profiles created by the tools using analytic cookies or by evaluating the log files are not merged with personal data. The providers of the tools process data only as a processor according to our instructions and not for their own purposes. The tools either do not use users’ IP addresses at all, or truncate them immediately after the survey.
2.1 Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google”) for users from the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Liechtenstein and by Google LLC 1600, Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043 (“Google”) for all other users.
IV. Transfer of personal data
The data we collect on you will only be transferred if:
• You provided your express consent
• The transfer is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and if there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
• We are required by law to transfer your data or if
V. Storage Duration
We will only save your personal data for as long as required for the fulfillment of the contractual or legal obligations for which we collected your data. Afterwards, we will delete your data without delay, unless we need your data as evidence for civil law purposes or until the legal storage period expires. We are required to save your contract data as evidence for three years after the end of the year in which our business relationship with you ends. Any claims will expire at the earliest date permitted by the statute of limitations. However, we may have to save your data for longer for accounting or for other legally required purposes. We may be required to do so due to legal documentation obligations, e.g., under the German Commercial Code [Handelsgesetzbuch] or the German Fiscal Code [Abgabenordnung].
VI. Data subjects‘ rights
You have the right to receive information about the processing of your personal data by us at any time. We will explain the data processing to you and provide an overview of personal data saved on you by us. If personal data saved by us is inaccurate or no longer up to date, you have the right to rectification of this data. You also have the right to erasure of your data. You also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if, e.g., you contest the accuracy of the data. You also have the right to data portability, i.e., we will provide you with a digital copy of the personal data we saved on you if requested. You also have the right to object to data processing if based on our legitimate interests. Our newsletters include unsubscribe links. To exercise your rights described above, you may use the information in the Contact section above. Please make sure that we can clearly identify you.
You also have the right to submit complaints to our competent data protection supervisory authority (Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht – BayLDA, Promenade 27, D-91522 Ansbach firstname.lastname@example.org) or to the data protection authority of your habitual residence who will forward your inquiry to the competent authority. You may also withdraw any consent you provided for the processing of your personal data at any time with future effect without stating reasons. You may exercise your withdrawal right by contacting us via the information stated in the Contact section.
VII. Updates of the Privacy Notice
Annex: Technical Notes
Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer Manual
Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Firefox Manual
Google Chrome: Google Chrome Manual
Safari: Safari Manual