PRIVACY NOTICE FOR THE GLOMEX-PLAYER
This privacy notice is to inform you about the functioning and processing of personal data when using the glomex player embedded in a third party’s online service as well as on our video platform „video.glomex.com“ .glomex offers a wide range of free video content which publishers can embed in their online service and which glomex embeds in its own video platform „video.glomex.com“ .Providing free premium video content to end users is only possible by showing targeted ads to the end user during the use of the glomex player. On the basis of pseudonymized data, glomex works with advertising partners to deploy advertising in the glomex player in a more targeted manner based on the end user’s interests and surfing habits. The glomex player is either embedded in a third party’s online service (e.g. a website) or available on our video platform „video.glomex.com“. If the glomex player is embedded in a third party’s online service, please also note the respective third party‘s individual privacy notice for more information on how this third party is processig personal data.
1. Provider of the glomex player
The glomex player is provided by glomex GmbH, Dieselstraße 1, 85774 Unterföhring.
Should you have any questions regarding data protection in connection with the glomex player, you can contact glomex‘s data protection officer by writing to the postal address provided or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Data processing in connection with the glomex player
2.1 glomex only uses pseudonyms.
Personal data means any information that can be attributed to a person, such as name, age, email address, telephone number or information about website usage and interactions with advertising. In principle, glomex‘s services do not involve the storing of any information about viewers in clear text. glomex does not know the name, address or email address of the glomex player’s audience. All information processed by glomex via the glomex player is recorded, stored and evaluated using temporary identifiers (pseudonyms) that glomex cannot decipher or re-identify.
2.2 Categories of data processed in connection with the glomex player.
The provision of the content combined with relevant advertising is generally implemented using IP addresses, cookies and comparable technologies (hereinafter also referred to as “identifiers”).
Through the glomex player, glomex collects the following usage data:
- current IP address of the device (pseudonymized by removing the last range part of the IP address)
- date and time when the video in the glomex player was started
- information about the region or location where the player is currently being used
- technical data about the device and operating system used
- where applicable, general information on the user groups (such as age, gender and interests)
- other identifiers (such as localStorage)
Our advertising partners (see also section 3 below) also use additional identifiers (e.g. cookies) to collect information about your activities in the glomex player and on third-party websites to match collected pseudonymized usage data regarding you as a viewer of the glomex player so that advertisements targeted to your browser activities and interests can be delivered to you in the glomex player.
2.3 Purposes of data processing in the glomex player.
When an end user starts a video in the glomex player, glomex provides video content from its content owners via an integration service and combines it with ads targeted from varying advertising partners. glomex tracks the usage of the glomex player component for billing purposes, anti-fraud and adblock prevention and is responsible for these data processing activities. Each advertising partner who works with glomex to deploy advertising to the end user by means of placing cookies to glomex’s services is individually responsible for the associated data processing activity (please see section 3 below).
If a viewer clicks on the deployed advertising, for example to reach the advertised online service, this is recorded by glomex. Here glomex does not know the identity of the viewer, but by means of the identifiers can only recognise those viewers who have previously received one of the deployed ads. glomex receives this data about interactions with ads and the pseudonymized IP addresses, so that it can use this data to bill for its own services with customers, to enable billing verification, to prevent adblocking, to create statistical overviews for customers and to measure the reach and efficiency of ads for glomex‘s customers. glomex also uses the usage data and data about interactions with ads to troubleshoot and to improve its own services, e.g. in the context of A/B split tests.
3. Data recipients.
glomex only discloses data to third parties if this is necessary for the deployment of ads and the implementation of campaigns or other purposes listed in this privacy notice or if another legal basis for the disclosure of the data exists. The collection, storage and disclosure of usage data by the advertising partners in which the ad space is deployed are controlled by and the exclusive responsibility of the respective advertising partners. glomex currently works with the following advertising partners to monetize the provided video content:
• 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH, Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Axel Springer SE, Axel Springer Str. 65, 10969 Berlin, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• ATG Ad Tech Group GmbH, Friedensallee 38, 22765 Hamburg, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Burda Community Network GmbH, Arabellastr. 23, 81925 Munich, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Goldbach Austria GmbH, Laimgrubengasse 14, 1060 Vienna, Austria • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Goldbach Germany GmbH, Feringastr. 12 B, 85774 Unterföhring, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• ProSiebenSat.1 PULS 4 GmbH, Maria Jacobi Gasse 1, 1030 Vienna, Austria • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• plista GmbH, Torstr. 33-35, 10119 Berlin, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Phaistos Networks S.A., 76, 25th Martiou, 70400 Mires, Irakleio, Greece • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SevenOne Media GmbH, Medienallee 4, 83774 Unterfoehring, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SevenOne Media (Schweiz) AG, Limmatstr. 275, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• SMARTSTREAM.TV GmbH, Dachauer Str. 15A, 80335 Munich, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• Ströer Digital Media GmbH, Kehrwieder 8-9, 20457 Hamburg, Germany • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
• WebAds B.V., Keizersgracht 256, 1016 EV Amsterdam, Netherlands • Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
In principle, glomex only passes on pseudonymized data to third parties, and never names, email addresses or other contact data.
If glomex uses external service providers and discloses data to them, they may only use the data to fulfil their task and in connection with specific instructions. The service providers are contractually bound to the data protection requirements. In cases where data are processed in countries outside the European Union, appropriate safeguards are in place to protect data subjects (e.g. Standard Contractual Clauses oder EU-US Privacy Shield ).
3.1. The Adex / Cooperation with ProSiebenSat.1 Digital Data.
glomex uses a service for advertising optimization provided by ProSiebenSat.1 Digital Data GmbH, Medienallee 7, 85774 Unterföhring (PSDD). glomex and PSDD are jointly responsible for the associated enabling of the data collection by PSDD. PSDD uses The ADEX as a service provider for this purpose. The ADEX is a company located in Germany, Torstraße 19, 10119 Berlin.
ADEX offers technologies to optimize the placement and control of advertising for the user based on his individual interests and the user behavior on websites and to make their percentage of the so-called “conversion”, the way from the first advertisement to the final purchase, measurable. Cookies, web beacons or similar technologies are used for this purpose. The collected usage data is stored under a pseudonym. This pseudonym is assigned information about the user activities on our websites, services, applications and tools (e.g. clicked advertising banners, visited sub-pages, search queries made, etc.)
The transmitted IP address of a user device is rendered completely anonymous and used to form household networks. In household networks, the devices connected to the Internet, such as computers, telephones, connected TVs and others, can be identified and the respective usage data collected from websites can be combined across the various devices. With the information obtained, neither personal data nor a concrete location of a user can be determined. A personal identification of the user is therefore impossible.
Further information on data protection at ADEX is available at: Privacy Notice and Opt-Out
If the user no longer wishes to receive usage-based advertising and wishes to prevent the further collection of usage data, they can use the following opt-out link: Opt-Out
4. Objection to procesing / Opt-Out.
In the respective privacy notices of the advertising partners mentioned in sections 3 – 3.1, you can assert your right of objection with regard to the use of personal data for advertising purposes.
5. Retention periods.
Information on the storage period of personal data with our advertising partners can be found in the data protection notices of these advertising partners (see section 3).
6. Legal bases
We will process your personal data
- for the purpose of legitimate interests pursued by us or
- because you have consented to the processing
Our legitimate interests include
- storing and accessing information necessary to provide the services;
- selecting, delivering and reporting on the effectiveness of advertisements;
- measuring the performance of advertisements and campaigns, preventing adblocking,
- personalizing the advertisements you receive and allowing our advertising partners to personalize the advertisements in the glomex player
- and investigating and preventing fraud.
The legal basis for processing will depend on what data we are collecting and what we are using it for.
7. Your rights.
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights in relation to their personal data. These rights are not absolute – in some cases they will not apply to you or to the particular use that we are making of your data, and there are exceptions (for example if we have to process the data to comply with our own legal obligations), but if that is the case we will let you know.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to restrict processing of your personal data;
- to data portability in certain circumstances;
- to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances and to object to the processing of your data for advertising purposes.
The opt-out functions described in sections 3 – 3.1 above can be used to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes.
You also have the right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority responsible for glomex (Data Protection Authority of Bavaria for the Private Sector / Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht, Postfach 606, 91511 Ansbach, Germany). If you are a resident of a member state in the European Economic Area, you are also free to contact your local data protection authority.
8. Changes to this privacy notice.
As glomex continues to develop its services, changes to this privacy notice may become necessary. This website always contains the latest version of the privacy notice.
Last amended: March 2020