(Senior) Business Development Manager (m/f) – Sports, Music, Cultural Markets
“glomex -The Global Media Exchange” is a unique, international marketplace for premium video content. The one hundred percent owned subsidiary of ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE, based in Munich, offers its “Media Exchange Service”, an easy to operate, web-based platform where owners of professionally produced videos and web publishers can trade content for reach – easily and without friction. The necessary technical infrastructure is provided by glomex in the shape of a cloud-based transactional platform.
Delivery and distribution of the videos is executed through our “Media Delivery Service”, which delivers the entire content of our mother company, but also all external customers, to webpages, mobile phone, TV apps and SetTop Boxes.
Using its award-winning infrastructure, which also holds a market-leading ad block management solution, glomex globally distributes and monetizes its partners’ content. The advantages for all those involved lie in a significant increase in reach, thus unlocking new revenue streams, combined with an equally significant decrease in operating cost.
When content is king, glomex is your kingdom.
The Business Development Manager (m/f) is responsible for driving sales opportunities of the “Media Delivery” product at glomex in Germany and international markets. Key responsibilities include developing strategy, finding partnerships, develop new business models. Drive a multi-year plan to setup a partner sales program with profitable revenue growth.
- You work closely with the VP of Sales and the local and international team to negotiate and develop relationships with key accounts in the sports, music and cultural media markets for live events and VoD content
- You define and execute the media delivery, pay-TV, pay-per-view project acquisition strategy on glomex’ Media Delivery products in Europe
- You will be the leading contributor in designing go-to-market product, pricing and promotion solutions in concert with product, marketing and other functional organizations
- You deliver weekly reports to the VP of Sales
- You will be responsible for accurate reporting, cleanup and resolution of outstanding sales, revenue, and billing
- You will drive the glomex business strategy to identify and to penetrate new market opportunities
- You have a bachelor/ master degree in Business Economics or a similar educational background
- You have significant experience as a business developer or as a sales manager in the online, media, sports or event industry and a strong book of contacts in sports, music, cultural event or content marketing companies
- You have proven ability to negotiate complex digital media infrastructure agreements or business development agreements in high pressure environments
Ideally you have a knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution companies and their business models
- You are willing to travel more than 50 % within Germany and internationally
- You have excellent written communication and organizational skills
And you are fluent in both English and German. More languages are a plus
Why join glomex?
- As a spin-out of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group, we bring the best of both worlds to the table: the security and benefits of one of Europe's leading media companies, paired with the agility of a fresh tech company and the will to change every day
- Our organizational structure rewards creativity and team over individual achievements, while at the same time we support your personal development
Leadership qualities can be applied and developed in more than one direction
- We use objectives and key results (OKRs) as an effective way to unite the company, thus using a combination of qualitative and quantitative goals
- We have a great office space in Munich's city center which supports our path to becoming a learning and ever-evolving organization. "S-Bahn" is only one, the main train station less than five, the next “Biergarten” less than ten minutes away
If we have aroused your interest, then send off your detailed application to us today